| Our Group was first registered in 1933 as the 9th Morden (Bishop Andrewes Own), in the scout district of Morden and St Helier. The St Helier Estate was still being built and many of the roads were only partially built, surrounded by fields.|
In the mid sixties, the LCC was abolished and the St Helier Estate was divided between the two London Boroughs of Sutton and Merton. The change of boundaries meant that the 9th Morden had to leave the Scout District of Morden and St Helier.
So, on 19th May 1965, we transferred to the Wallington and Carshalton District and changed our name to 9th Carshalton (Bishop Andrewes Own).
Another change in 1967, transferred the Wallington and Carshalton District from the Scout County of Surrey to Greater London South West.
A Beaver colony was established in 1985. In 1988, girls were welcomed into the Group.
In the late nineties, Bishop Andrewes Own was dropped from out title.